Thursday 5 June 2014

Entering A New Decade

Last week I entered the new decade in my life - I turned 20! I know i'm not that old but I have really thought  about what the '20's' will hold for me! It is the decade that everyone says is the best, simply because the most things happen for you. Typically you graduate, get a job, get married and have kids. I am very excited to see what they have in store for me. 

Anyway enough of wishing my life away, onto telling you what I got up to!

Earlier in the week me and some friends headed to this lovely little cafe/restaurant in Sheffield called Fancie. It does amazing food as well as their specialties - cupcakes! 
We opted for some home made fries and a cake each. I went for one that I hadn't had before - the salted caramel and it is THE best flavor I have tasted. It was delicious. 


Some other friends went for the daily special which was strawberry and white chocolate (I have to admit I was a little jealous when it came over!) and another had the peppermint and white chocolate gluten free cake. 









At midnight my friend walked in with this little buddle of cards and a present. It was really exciting to have something to open as soon as it was my birthday! Inside was this beautiful heart photo frame, with mini photos in. I'm going to hang it up  in our new house - which we move in to in just under a month! 





On my actualy bithday, my Mom and Nan made the trip up to Sheffield to spend the day with me, we headed for coffee and then some lunch. Spent the whole time talking and catching up and forgot to take any photos!

Then in the afternoon I got the train down to spend the weekend with my boyfriend. I spent the afternoon opening my presents from him and his parents. He bought me this beautiful ring (which I had wanted for so so long!) and he was very sneaky in bringing this present back from Abu Dhabi with him from his parents. In a previous post I told you about going to the hard rock cafe in Dubai and whilst I was there, I was this amazing cup, that has the Dubai hard rock cafe symbol on and is something that can really remind me of the time I spent there. I was very impressed that he managed to get it back the the UK in the suitcases without me knowing!




We then got ready and headed out to Pizza Express (I had never been so I decided this was a great place to go!) I opted for the Goats cheese with Mushroom topped with Rocket. It was delicious! But it was so so big, that I had to take it home for supper!




My boyfriend went for the Lasagne, which looked lovely, but it did take him a while to eat as it was so hot!

When we got home he has bought these little cupcakes for me, one red velvet and one sticky toffee - yummy! As he gave them to me, he was singing happy birthday, which was very nice :)




The next morning we headed out for a walk near the river and found this little cafe right next to it and even at half 10 in the morning, it was never to early or a milkshake








I have a bit of an obsession with pancakes, bacon and maple syrup at the moment, so Sunday morning we had a lie in and headed out to get a late breakfast and it did not disappoint! 





I had an amazing birthday weekend and am definitely looking forward to what the '20's' will hold for me!!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely post! I'm glad you had a good birthday.
    Alice x
    agdoesmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete