Wednesday 5 March 2014

Monthly Favorites

As a new feature to my blog, I have decided to do a 'Monthly Favorites' section. At the end of each month, I will look back at what the best moments of that month were, favorite purchases, outings - anything that has really been great throughout the month. 

So.... as it has recently turned March, I thought I would start by looking back on what has been the best things about February. 



At the beginning of February I went home for a few days, saw some family and ate lots of food (Best part about going home!). Whilst there my parents decided to bring out the pasta maker and cook a meal altogether featuring some of our favorite foods. We opted for home made tattletale with seafood - squid, mussels (prepared by me!), king prawns and scallops with a marinara sauce. It was amazing! We were so full by the end of it and ended up having to take a break half way though, but it was totally worth it. I will post the recipe at a later date when I have collected it together, so watch out for it!


A unique way of hanging the pasta!


My wonderful mussels! 


One of my favorite purchases of this month comes not from shopping... but from food! Myself and a few of the girls from the drama society decided we needed cake and tea in our lives more often and this started with a trip to an amazing tea room in Sheffield. I have had cakes from their before but not actually sat and eaten there. They do a really wide range of cakes and their definite specialty is their cupcakes. They do everything from white chocolate and peppermint, salted caramel, chocolate and hazelnut just to name a few! Each day they surprise people with a special (which really are very special). Today's it is Mint chocolate chip, with a gooey center and glitter to decorate! 
On our outing I went for the raspberry and Lemon, it had loads of lemon curd in the middle, which was absolutely delicious and all washed down with many cups of tea

My final favorite comes from valentines day. Being in a long distance relationship, you have to find the time too see each other whenever the opportunity comes. Me and my boyfriend celebrated our valentines together a few weeks later than the actual date, but the plans he had defiantly made up for it. We spent the day feeding the ducks, walking in the rain, eating a picnic under the stars and
just spending the day together whilst we had the chance. Perfect!



Feeding the ducks! :)
So those are some of my favorite things during February. 

What did you all get up to last month?

Got any favorite moments?

Link to the cafe!


"Whatever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy"

No comments:

Post a Comment